Our commitment to living our mission as a trusted financial partner that empowers members to live better lives is unwavering, and we’ve stayed true to this in many ways this year.
We are here to serve you
- Many families were affected financially by the pandemic and CCU made it a priority to be their trusted resource for assistance. We introduced a low-interest-rate loan program for those in need of emergency funds. Additionally, through loan payment relief programs we saved members $6.25 million this year and provided additional payment relief on $82 million in loan balances.
- It is important for our member service teams to be available when they are needed most, so we extended both our drive-up service and phone support an additional two hours each day when in-lobby services were restricted.
- To make it easy and less worrisome for members to access their savings, we waived early withdrawal penalties on certificates.
- At a time when family budgets may be stretched thin, we've worked with members to collectively save them nearly $6 million by refinancing their auto loans from other financial institutions charging higher rates.
- Through our trusted partner, GreenPath Financial Wellness, members have been able to take advantage of services like budgeting and savings assistance, debt management, home buying guidance and more.
- We've provided over $300 million in home financing to help our members purchase their dream homes or refinance their current homes to secure lower interest rates and lower monthly payments.
- After listening to member feedback and suggestions (thank you!), we embarked on a major initiative to upgrade CCU's online and mobile banking system to add new functionality and make it easier to use. The new platform, the same that Andigo has been using, went live on November 18.
- We consistently review our rates to ensure they are competitive. CCU's nationally recognized Rewards Checking account offers up to 4.09% APY* with no minimum balance requirement, as compared to average yields at a record low of 0.04% APY1. Check out our rates page for a complete list of rates.
Ensuring the well-being of our credit union family
- We are putting the health and well-being of our members and employees first. We have safely reopened branches, and we're working hard to provide the best member experience possible. And, our contact center continues to provide members across the nation with personalized service and assistance.
- In the face of the pandemic, physically-safe payment options are important. CCU's contactless debit and credit cards, along with being mobile wallet enabled with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay, allow for payments to be made safely and securely at participating merchants.
- In addition to physical well-being, we strive to cultivate an environment that honors difference and supports inclusion. We celebrate diversity – as all the things that make us who we are – holding that all people deserve fair and equal treatment and respect.
- This year CCU showed our commitment to the future leaders of America by awarding 21 scholarships to high school seniors, for a grand total of $50,000! Applications for the 2021 scholarships are being accepted now.
- Over 25 local and national organizations and the people they serve have benefited from over $110,000 in donations from CCU.
Growing stronger to better serve you
- In June 2020, CCU merged with Andigo Credit Union and we anticipate ending the year with more than 176,000 members and over $2.5 billion in assets. Our team is working toward combining product offerings, services and systems to better serve our growing membership. The full integration is scheduled for the third quarter of 2021.
- For the third consecutive year, Consumers Credit Union was selected by members to be recognized as one of the Forbes Best-In-State Credit Unions. Thank you!
- While many employers have reduced staffing during these uncertain times, we continue to expand our team and proudly employ over 500 employees. Our internship program remains strong, even with the move to a remote environment in 2020. If you or anyone you know is interested in joining our team, visit myconsumers.org/careers to see the list of currently open positions.
All my best,
Sean Rathjen, CEO
Consumers Credit Union
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Earn up to 4.09% APY on balances up to $10,000. Account qualifications apply for yield and ATM fee refunds. Learn more or view complete terms and conditions. Rates subject to change without notice.